A classic bun has never really gone away, but it’s back big-time, owing to its sleek, polished look, how gentle it is on hair, and how easy it is to accomplish. Celebrity stylist Michael Duenas, who founded concierge styling company Hair Room Service and has worked on Diana Agron, Lea Michele, and Molly Sims, gave us some tips on how to do it.
- Smooth a styling oil (like amika Obliphica Oil Treatment) throughout wet hair, and let air-dry or use a blow dryer.
- Once hair is dry, secure it into a tight ponytail at the crown of the head.
- If your bun bags at the nape of your neck, try re-doing the pony while you’re looking up toward the ceiling.
- This will keep the hair nice and tight. Run a few drops of Obliphica Oil over the top and sides of your head to calm flyaways and add extra shine.
- Take your hair, wrap it around itself, and pin in the ends.