Are you always in a hurry with little time to style your hair? If so, try this quick throw-back-and-go, rope-braid updo. This simple hairstyle will have you looking fabulous before stepping out of the house. We've seen this look all over the place on celebs like Nicole Richie and Lauren Conrad. Today I'm here to show you how to mimic this gorgeous 'do.
Watch my video tutorial to recreate this hair trend. This look is perfect for every hair length and texture. It also works especially well with dirty or second day hair. Give it a go because all it takes is a few minutes of your time.
- Starting with dry hair, section off the area in front of your ears and clip it away for later.
- Create a low ponytail and secure it with an elastic.
- Now, utilizing a rope braid technique, split your hair in two sections. Twist the right section to the right, and then go over to the left. Repeat this technique until you are left with no more hair to braid and secure it with an elastic.
- Wrap your rope braid around your secured ponytail and secure into place using bobby pins.
- Gently tug on a few pieces of hair in the rope braid to create a looser feel.
- Drop the front two sections out and curl with using a 1 1/4-inch curling iron for texture and volume.
- Next, tease your hair aggressively. Once you've finished teasing the hair, use your fingers to gently brush your hair back toward your rope braid bun. Note: Be careful not to finger comb too much of the volume out.
- Now twist the ends of your hair and wrap them around the rope braid bun. Secure the ends into place using bobby pins.
- Use a medium-hold hairspray for texture and long-lasting hold.