With top knots on their way out, jump on the low knot bun look while it's hot this summer. The low knot is so verstile and perfect for those moments when you're in a hurry. It works for any ocassion and is great worn dressed up or down. Try wearing a low knot for a summer evening out on the town or even as a wedding hairstyle. Follow these super easy steps to create your low knot bun!
- Apply an extra strong mousse (I like Label.M Extra Strong Mousse) to your towel-dried hair.
- Blow dry your hair the opposite way you want it to lay for texture and volume.
- Loosely comb your hair back to the nape of your neck with your fingers.
- Secure your hair with an elastic.
- Take the hair from your pony, spilt it in two, and tie into a basic knot.
- Take your leftover hair and wrap it around your bun and secure with bobbi pins.
- Using the palms of your hands, gently massage the hair out of your bun to get the "messy texture" like the pictures.
- Finish this look off with hairspray for hold (I use Keratases Double Force).
Get more hair tips and tricks by Jenny at Confessions of a Hairstylist.
Photos: Blake Lively by s_bukley / Shutterstock.com, hair bun by Olga Ekaterincheva / Shutterstock.com, and Dianna Argon by Jaguar PS / Shutterstock.com