This knotted side ponytail is a great way to add that extra dimension to your normal, Plain Jane, side ponytail! It´s easy to do and doesn´t take long to create. If you're not a fan of the side pony, no worries—wear it as a low ponytail in the back. This hairstyle is very easy to personalize because you can choose the number of knots you create. Make it like mine with only a few knots at the top of your ponytail or continue knotting all the way down. You can also choose to make it a sleek ponytail for a night out or a bit more messy for an everyday boho look. Follow the steps below to achieve this easy hairstyle.
- Make a side part and pull all of your hair to one side of your head.
- Take two strands of hair, one on each side of the ponytail.
- Tie it into a knot and pull it tight.
- Next cross the hair on the backside of your pony.
- Add some hair from each side of the ponytail to each of the existing strands of hair.
- Tie another knot.
- Do the same technique for as many knots as you'd like.
- When you finish with the knots, take the two strands and join them in the back. Secure them with a small elastic band.
- For the elastic to lie flat against the ponytail make a little hole just above it.
- Twist the hair around and into the hole.
- Next pull the hair through the hole.
- Pull on the hair to make it tight again.
- Hide any ends that stick out with bobby pins. Arrange the knots around to hide the pins.
And there you have it: The Knotted Side Ponytail! Enjoy!
For more hair tutorials visit Ulrika at Yet Another Beauty Site!