I love to wear casual braided updos on hot summer days. This crown braid is the perfect way to keep cool while looking regal. I like to wear it a bit messy for a less formal style. It works on different lengths of hair, and you can wear it with any kind of texture. Follow these steps for a look you'll love all summer.
1. Pick up three pieces of hair just behind the hairline.
2. Start a French braid by crossing the inner strand over the middle strand and then the outer strand over the middle strand.
3. French-braid for a while and then switch to a regular three-strand braid so you are not adding more hair to the braid. When you reach the end, secure the braid with an elastic. Repeat on the other side.
4. Gather the two braids in the back and secure them together with an elastic.
5. Remove the elastics that are securing the ends of each three-strand braid.
6. Roll or fold your hair around the crown braid and secure it with bobby pins. If your hair is not long enough, you just fold it around the braid; if it is long enough, you roll up your hair first and then fold it around the braid.
For more adorable updos from Ulrika, go to Yet Another Beauty Site.