It’s hard to find the perfect rose gold shadow or liner so I made my own liquid liner with a rust colored pigment and gold glitter. Super easy! Even liners called “rose gold” are just gold, no rose.
I used the colors Sable and Lt. Bronze from the LORAC Pro Palette to create a warm foundation for the look and really winged out the rose gold liner to make the look fun and noticeable, ideal for New Year's Eve or a Christmas party—or every day at the office, depending on where you work!
The products I used to create this look are:
- LORAC Pro Palette Sable
- LORAC Pro Palette Lt. Bronze
- Urban Decay Half Baked
- Sephora 12Hr Wear Contour Pencil in Black Lace
- NYX Pearl Mania Rust
- NYX Glitter Mania Gold, similar
- Mehron Mixing Liquid
- LORAC Pro Mascara
- Ardell Wispies Lashes
Watch my video tutorial below to see how it's done.
- Begin with a primed eyelid. Define your crease with a warm-toned brown like Sable in the LORAC Pro Palette.
- Pat a pale champagne/gold shadow onto the lid; I used Lt. Bronze from the LORAC Pro Palette.
- Use a mid-tone gold shadow like Half Baked from Urban Decay to highlight the inner corner of the eye and lower lash line.
- Mix even amounts of rust-toned loose pigment like NYX Pearl Mania in Rust with gold glitter like NYX Glitter Mania Gold. Add a mixing liquid like Mehron Mixing Liquid to help.
- Use a fine-tip eyeliner brush to carefully apply your rose gold liner to the top lash line.
- Extend your line well beyond your eye corner and create a winged cat eye shape.
- Line the inner rim with a black waterproof pencil like Sephora 12HR Wear Contour Pencil in Black Lace.
- Apply mascara to your bottom and top lashes. I used LORAC Pro Mascara.
- It’s totally optional, but add super dramatic, feathery false lashes like Ardell Wispies for full-on glamour.