Rose gold burst onto the fashion scene a few years ago and it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. You can further incorporate the color into your wardrobe by rocking it on your eyes for the holidays.
It’s hard to find the perfect rose gold shadow or liner so I made my own liquid liner with a rust colored pigment and gold glitter. Super easy! Even liners called “rose gold” are just gold, no rose.
I used the colors Sable and Lt. Bronze from the LORAC Pro Palette to create a warm foundation for the look and really winged out the rose gold liner to make the look fun and noticeable, ideal for New Year's Eve or a Christmas party—or every day at the office, depending on where you work!
The products I used to create this look are:
- LORAC Pro Palette Sable
- LORAC Pro Palette Lt. Bronze
- Urban Decay Half Baked
- Sephora 12Hr Wear Contour Pencil in Black Lace
- NYX Pearl Mania Rust
- NYX Glitter Mania Gold, similar
- Mehron Mixing Liquid
- LORAC Pro Mascara
- Ardell Wispies Lashes
Watch my video tutorial below to see how it's done.
- Begin with a primed eyelid. Define your crease with a warm-toned brown like Sable in the LORAC Pro Palette.
- Pat a pale champagne/gold shadow onto the lid; I used Lt. Bronze from the LORAC Pro Palette.
- Use a mid-tone gold shadow like Half Baked from Urban Decay to highlight the inner corner of the eye and lower lash line.
- Mix even amounts of rust-toned loose pigment like NYX Pearl Mania in Rust with gold glitter like NYX Glitter Mania Gold. Add a mixing liquid like Mehron Mixing Liquid to help.
- Use a fine-tip eyeliner brush to carefully apply your rose gold liner to the top lash line.
- Extend your line well beyond your eye corner and create a winged cat eye shape.
- Line the inner rim with a black waterproof pencil like Sephora 12HR Wear Contour Pencil in Black Lace.
- Apply mascara to your bottom and top lashes. I used LORAC Pro Mascara.
- It’s totally optional, but add super dramatic, feathery false lashes like Ardell Wispies for full-on glamour.