When I was younger, I idolized J. Lo. I loved her style and I would do “J. Lo’s Booty Workout” from magazines, hoping to become more…ahem, like her.
Well the booty workouts did not pay off. I never became "Jenny From the Block." But what I was able to emulate was her signature bronzed goddess makeup look, pioneered by my makeup idol, Scott Barnes.
Deep bronze or copper eye and lip colors can look intimidating, but they really do give you a gorgeous glow.
For a glowing summer look like this, dewy skin is a must. Try not to over powder and make friends with a luminizer. Cream products will also serve you well as they will melt into your skin, appearing both natural and glowing. Check out my video below to see how I got this fresh, perfect-for-summer look and follow my step-by-step directions.
- Use cream bronzer to contour and add warmth to the face.
- Apply a pink cream blush for a natural, flushed look.
- Apply a liquid highlighter to the tops of your cheekbones for a dewy look. Apply a little to the brow bone as well as well as the bridge of your nose and along the edges of your top lip.
- Set everything with a dusting of translucent powder.
- Apply shimmery bronzer where the sun would normally hit your face.
- Apply a bronze cream shadow all over the lid.
- Use a matte bronzer to define the crease of your eyelid.
- Highlight the inner eye corners with a metallic gold shadow.
- Line the upper and lower lash lines with a soft, dark brown eyeliner. Smudge the liner with a dense brush for a soft, smoky look.
- Darken the crease of your eyelid with a golden brown shadow.
- Press a copper pigment onto the center of the lid.
- Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
- Apply a brown or rust-tone lip color or stain. Top with a shimmery, bronze gloss. If you want, you can deepen your lip color with a brick red shade.
I used the following products to create a look that the Gigli star would be proud of:
- Cream bronzer: Sonia Kashuk Undetectable Cream Bronzer in Rich Bronze
- Cream blush: NYX Cosmetics Cream Blush in Glow
- Liquid luminizer: Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminzer in Kitten
- Translucent setting powder: Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder
- Matte and shimmery bronzers: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil matte bronzer, Too Faced Sun Bunny bronzer
- Bronze cream shadow: Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze
- Gold and golden brown powder shadows: Urban Decay shadows in Half Baked, Smog (both found in the Naked palette)
- Dark brown eyeliner pencil: NYX Cosmetics Eye/Eyebrow pencil in Dark Brown
- Black mascara: Benefit They’re Real
- Bronze lipstain: Tarte Rise & Shine Natural Lip Stain & Lip-Enhancing Lipgloss in Nude (a similar pick would be CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain Lip Color in Cinnamon Smile)
- Bronze lipgloss: Loreal Colour Riche Le Gloss in Chocolate Obsession
- Brick red lipstick: Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Red Velvet
- Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
- Sephora Pro Airbrush Concealer Brush
- Sephora Pro Precision Smudge Brush #29
- Sephora Pro Crease Brush #10
- EcoTools Powder Brush
- Sonia Kashuk Small Duo Fibre Multipurpose Stippling Brush
Get more makeup tips from Ivy at Wake Up for Makeup.