Every so often, a product comes out that totally changes the way I apply makeup. The most recent one to rock my world? The Beautyblender, an odd little egg-shaped sponge designed to help you better apply foundation. The innovative, latex-free Beautyblender sponge was developed by Hollywood makeup artist Rea Ann who wanted women to be able to get a professional makeup finish at home.
I know, I know. I was skeptical of the Beautyblender, too—until I tried it. It gives such a beautiful, flawless finish and has so many uses! I have tried multiple knock offs and I can attest that nothing compares to the original.
Why is this little egg-shaped sponge so awesome? Because you wet the sponge prior to use and it will give your skin added hydration. For sensitive, easily irritated skin or skin with active inflammation due to blemishes or Rosacea, the Beautyblender is wonderful because it’s so gentle and non-abrasive. It will not highlight peach fuzz or uneven texture the way a buffing brush sometimes does.
Using the Beautyblender is easy:
- Wet your Beautyblender and squeeze out the excess moisture. You want the sponge to be barely damp when you're using it.
- Apply your foundation to the back of your hand or a flat surface and dip the rounded end of the Beautyblender into it.
- Begin to apply your foundation by stippling or bouncing the Beautyblender all over your face. No need to press into the skin too hard; the Beautyblender sponge will do most of the work for you!
- Use your ring finger to pat concealer over dark circles. Use the pointed end of the Beautyblender to lightly blend your concealer into your foundation.
- Dip the rounded end of the Beautyblender into a translucent setting powder and pat into the skin to set foundation and concealer.
- You will want to clean the Beautyblender after each use with either the liquid or solid cleanser. Both double as brush cleaner as well.
In this video I'll show you how to apply your foundation, blend concealer, and set with powder all with a Beautyblender sponge.
The products I used are:
- Beautyblender sponge
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Fiji
- Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer in Light 18
- Make Up For Ever HD Powder