After seeing it all over the runways, this hot fall trend is definitely one to try! You’ll be in good company if you cat it up this fall. Feel free to get wild and crazy on this one because this is a cat eye on steroids. This isn’t your average pin-up or flirty winged liner, kids. These are runway-ready, feline eyes at their finest.
Follow these steps to create the extreme cat eye.
- Start with a subtly defined eye, using lighter shadows in neutral colors.
- Smudge an intense black pencil liner along lower lash line.
- Slowly drag a black liquid liner along top lash line, working in sections and thickening as you go. Tip: Inhale as you position the liner, exhale when you’re ready to draw. Sounds weird, but it helps!
- When you’re ready to form the wing, aim your line towards the end of your brow. Do the top part and then connect the bottom. Tip: Try resting your elbow on a flat surface to steady your hand. If you need extra guidance, use a flat edge like a business card to trace along to form your wing line.
- Use waterproof eye makeup remover to cleanly erase any smudges and refine your line. Clean up the lower liner as well to meet the upper line you’ve just created.
- Apply a lengthening mascara and finish the look with nude/pink lips.
Watch my video tutorial below to get frisky.
The products I used to create this look are:
- Buxom Hold the Line Waterproof Eyeliner in Call Me
- Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Eyeliner in Blackest Black
- L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes
- Make Up For Ever Sens’Eyes Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser