This is my favorite time of year to really put the focus on lips. Nights are darker and colder, holiday parties are popping up, and there’s something super gorgeous about a bold lip against a snowy cityscape. With drier air surrounding us, you’ll want your lipstick formulas to be more hydrating and buttery. We all know that a fabulous lip color can be ruined by dry, flaky lips!
Tip: To remove the dead skin, dip a wet finger into white or brown sugar and scrub it across your lips. This will remove those flakes and leave you with a clean, lipstick-ready kisser.
I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite lipsticks for the winter months broken down by colors. This is your guide to the best-of-the-best in lip color this season.
I can’t get enough of these sexy, dark hues. I'm coveting this black cherry lip color.
- Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Homegirl
- OCC Lip Tar in Blackened Dahlia
- Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick in Black Cherry
Nudes never go away. These formulas are super creamy and feel great on.
- Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance 12 Hour Lipstick in Pure
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Liar
- Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Muscat
Don’t abandon the bold colors just because it gets dark at 5 p.m. I love purple berry shades, vivid pinks and hot orange, even in these cloudy, cold months.
- Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids in Vibrant Mandarin
- L’Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in I Pink You’re Cute
- Stila Color Balm Lipstick in Gemma
Red never dies, although it can get a little more wine-colored. I love the following reds for their more dramatic nature.
- OCC Lip Tar in NSFW
- Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense in 41
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Red Velvet