Thanksgiving is almost here, and if you're hosting a get-together this year, you've no doubt been planning your guest list, menu, and table decorations. But have you considered your makeup look yet? Influenced by rich cranberry sauce shades, the golden hues of leaves and sweet potatoes, with the cozy browns of your favorite flannel and hot cocoa, I’ve created a fall-hued look that is perfect for the Thanksgiving table. This look pairs a soft metallic smoky eye with a muted cherry lip stain so you can feast away without worrying about touch-ups.
For the eyes, I’m using the palette of all palettes, the LORAC Pro Palette. If you are only going to buy one palette in your lifetime, this should be it.
- Begin by sweeping a warm brown color like Taupe from the LORAC Pro Palette along your crease with a fluffy crease brush. This will serve as a transition color.
- Next, pat a rich gold shadow such as Gold from the LORAC Pro Palette onto the entire lid.
- Now take a rich, almost rust-like color—I used Garnet from the LORAC Pro Palette—and use a blending brush to sweep it from the outer corner into the crease.
- Next, take a smaller crease brush and dip into a reddish brown hue like Sable from the LORAC Pro Palette. Blend this into the crease, keeping it confined.
- Use a clean crease brush to soften the top edge.
- Now, grab a creamy dark brown eye liner like Sephora’s Waterproof 12HR Wear Contour Pencil in Tiramisu and sketch along the top lash line. Use a firm pencil brush to soften and smudge this line.
- Take that same pencil brush and drag the Sable color along lower lash line.
- Coat your top and bottom lashes with a mascara like LORAC’s Cobra Mascara.
- Complete your look with a stain and a nude, cocoa gloss like Revlon’s Just Bitten Balm Stain and L’Oreal Colour Riche Gloss.
Watch my video tutorial below for a demonstration of these steps.
To create this look I used these 5 products:
- LORAC Pro Palette
- Sephora Waterproof 12HR Wear Contour Pencil in Tirimisu
- LORAC Cobra Mascara
- Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain in Romantic
- L’Oreal Colour Riche Gloss in Chocolate Obsession
If you’re looking for more holiday looks, check out the cranberry cream shadow eye look I did last year.