This eye look is as fresh as the fallen snow! While holiday looks often feature shimmery metallics, you shouldn't forget the beautiful pure white of winter when looking for holiday makeup inspiration!
White opens up the eye area, looks clean and bright, and even makes eyes look bigger and more wide awake. This would be a subtle New Year's Eve look if you’re not feeling heavy metal silver or gold this year. If you do still ant to try out a metallic look, check out this one that's metallic but without the glitter.
Check out the video tutorial below to create this look.
The products I used to create this look are:
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
- LORAC Pro Palette
- Sephora Nano Liner in White
- Buxom Amplified Mascara
- LORAC Liquid Lustre
- Rhinestone Gems
Step-by-step directions for a snowy winter eye makeup look:
- Apply a white cream shadow like NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk from the lash line all the way up to the brow bone. Blend with a finger.
- Pat a matte, white shadow like White from the LORAC Pro Palette over the cream shadow.
- Place a gunmetal color like Slate from the LORAC Pro Palette at the outer corner of the eye with a small brush and use a blending brush to blend color inwards.
- Line the inner rim of the eye with a white pencil liner such as the Sephora Nano Liner in White.
- Apply mascara to the bottom lashes.
- Now, for the fun part! Take a liquid glitter topcoat like LORAC Liquid Lustre, and pat all over the lid, concentrating on the center and inner corner. This product is amazing because it’s like micronized liquid glitter meaning no gritty particles in your eye!
- Apply mascara to your top lashes.
- Place individual false lashes, bedazzled if you’d like, along the top lash line.
For more makeup tips from Ivy visit Wake Up For Makeup.