Quilted nails are a big hit right now and this is my take on the trend. It is a simple technique that anyone with fingers can tackle. Get this: The lines are made by using a plastic tooth flosser! It’s so easy to create a straight line with this everyday household item.
- Paint two thick coats of your favorite matte polish and let them dry for five to seven minutes. Make sure the polish doesn’t dry completely because it needs to be malleable for the lines to be created.
- Take a flosser and roll it diagonally across your nail to create three indents into your nail polish.
- Then roll the flosser across your finger diagonally the other way. This will make the quilted squares all over your nail.
- Dip the point of your thin nail art brush in clear polish and use the brush to add a dot of polish at the intersections of each quilt square. The clear polish will serve as adhesive for the glitter flecks.
- To pick up the glitter, use the same small nail art brush and moisten the tip with water, then use the damp brush to grab a fleck of glitter.
- Place the glitter on the wet spots of clear polish on the quilted nails.
You can also watch the video below to see the steps and follow along!
For more nail art videos by Jocelyn visit PolishPedia.