As the crafty member of the family, through the years adding crafty elements to a dinner party table was my favorite. What better way to do this than with placemats.
If you’re a beginning or advanced crafter, this can be the perfect reusable outlet for your craftiness, saves your table surface and it’s good for the environment too!
- For the sophisticated table, here are a variety of instructions for some basic hand or machines … simple and you can pick whichever fabric you think suits your table and the occasion the best. I can see where that would get addictive … hmmm, Valentine’s Day, Easter … and more!
- For family events and the kids table, you and your kids may enjoy this wonderful tutorial on “Let’s Explore” on how to make kids artwork into placemats you’ll want to keep out year around. Imagine the possibilities!
- And here’s a fun idea if you want to busy the kids (while the Thanksgiving turkey is cooking) marking all the places with creative placemats.
- Or if you just want a wonderful idea and to support the Etsy.com crafter, these are an easy way to support crafters and save time – yep, you can just buy them!
- The first is the “Dine and Doodle chalk mat”—how cute! I think this would be adorable at the “kid’s table” on Thanksgiving and if you’re hosting friends, they could each take one home as a gift.
- More sophisticated is the “Fall Reversible Placemat” which seems to be very versatile and good looking!
I hope some of these are great ideas for your Thanksgiving table and can maybe provide a bit of fodder for those crafty days!
Originally published on Frequently Wrong But Never In Doubt