Known as “The Most Exciting Two Minutes In Sports” because of its rapid duration, the Kentucky Derby is a combination of old-time tradition and the fast-paced fanaticism of sports betting. Love and luck will both be in the air on May 7—a love for the “sport of kings” and desire for the luck it takes to see something amazing happen. If you’re planning on making the trip to Churchill Downs, you might see a few amazing celebrities as well.
Here are a few of the past celebrity couples that have been to the Derby:
1. Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo: These engaged lovebirds made an appearance at last year’s races.
2. Rebecca Romijn and Jerry O’Connell: He’s a Bachelor no longer and she’s the farthest thing from Ugly. And both of them saw the Derby last May.
3. Mario Lopez and Courtney Mazza: The Entertainment Tonight personality started dating Broadway dancer Mazza in 2008. Two years later, they attended the “Run for the Roses.”
And here are some celebrity singles that are looking for a win, place, or show (or maybe even love!) at the Derby:
1. Terrell Owens: A guest at last year’s events, this high-profile football player always wants to be where the action is—and the Downs has plenty of action to offer.
2. Maria Menounos: This sexy television correspondent showed up to the Kentucky Derby last year, which was a welcome break from interviewing celebrities.
3. Idris Elba: Known best as The Wire’s Stringer Bell, he attended last year’s Derby in style.
For a full list of Derby-loving celebrities, click here.