ABOUT MONICA DADDIO
Monica Daddio was born and raised in Trenton, NJ. She attended St. Stephens and Holy Cross grammar schools, Junior 4, and Trenton High. From there went to wrok for Mercer County Elections Office. Most recently she has retired and relocated to the Bristol VA/TN area. Her passion and love has always been music and she will jokingly tell you that she is a professional listener. With a vast collection of over 500 artists, she has a wide range of musical taste and that’s how her story came to be. This is her tribute to the musicians and music she loves so much.
To find out more visit her website at : www.monicadaddio.com or her blog at: http://monicadaddio.blogspot.com
1. How have you been able to use social media (Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, etc.) to help market your book?
I am new to using social media and am still in the process of learning how it works. So far I really haven’t noticed any book sales but I am getting my name and book out there. I hope that with my continued perseverance on these sites readers will lean about my book. I belong to Facebook, Twitter and MySpace. I am also using other sites like Bookdaily, Goodreads, Bookhaven and Amazon. And I also have my own websites www.monicadaddio.com and www.humanizingthejaguar.com
2. Do you have any advice for new authors looking to promote themselves on these sites?
I am fairly new to all these types of self-promotion sites and still leaning. I can only tell others to keep at it as I am doing.
3. What type of writing routine do you have? Any tips you can share about it?
Since I have a virtual book tour with “Pump Up Your Book” I’ve been lax on my story writing. I’ve been focusing my attention on the promoting part of the process for my first book “Humanizing the Jaguar”.
4. How has it been trying to balance your writing with your day job and/or family life?Is there anything you would change?
I’ve been blessed to have the time I need right now to devote to my projects. At present my main priority is marketing my book, “Humanizing the Jaguar”. But I plan to continue with my next novel very soon.
5. Setting is an extremely important aspect in grabbing your reader’s attention. What made you choose to set your book in parts of New York & Pennsylvania?
They are places I grew up visiting and they both have relevance to the storyline. New York is important because it offers a world of opportunity for upcoming artists to showcase their craft. There are lots of local clubs where unknown artists can break into the scene. I chose Pennsylvania for a setting in the story because it was a place where I attended several major concerts myself.
6. What types of books do you read? How do you think they have influenced your writing?
I like to read Supernatural Horror, Suspense, Romance and Drama. When I read a story, I like the writer to get to the point and not use a whole lot of fluff or filler. Personally, I don’t care what color socks a character is wearing. The important part of the story is what happens to the characters and how they react. So I take that stand with my writing and try to get to the heart of the story.
ABOUT MONICA DADDIO