Victoria and David Beckham, L.A.’s newest red carpet mongers, strip down in steamy photos for the August issue of W magazine. They strike a sultry pose for the cover, complete with Posh’s ever-present head tilt. We’ve always wondered about this strange pose. Is she trying to say:
1. I just had my hair lopped off at Frederic Fekkai, go figure, those idiots missed one side!
2. Head tilts are super sexy
3. I’ve been wracking my brain for a new song for my Spice Girls reunion and, for some odd reason, it’s currently streaming out of the left side of my head!
4. I haven’t eaten in ten days and I can no longer hold my head up
5. I want to appear more off-center than Paula Abdul in my reality show
The W photos inside the rag, by the way, take desperate celebrity exhibitionism to a new level. They pictures show the paparazzi pets in various states of undress—kissing, sunning themselves atop a car and having an intimate moment in the bedroom. That last photo, by the way, should be a tremendous help to the couple’s three sons as they try to fit in and make friends at their new, L.A. private school.
And, just in case you can’t get enough of the Beckham’s, the thirty-two-year-old soccer star and his wife will be seen in an NBC special, “Victoria Beckham: Coming to America,” to air Monday. It follows Posh as she prepares to move from Europe to Los Angeles, where her husband will play for the Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer.
“I think people are really going to see me for the first time,” Victoria Beckham tells the magazine. “I think they have this impression that I’m this miserable cow who doesn’t smile. But I’m actually quite the opposite.”
Gee, can’t imagine how we ever got that impression.
By Linda Grasso
Related Story: A Glimpse of Hollywood