Planning a family getaway with the kids? Whether you are flying, driving, or taking a bus tour, make the most of your vacation by following a few simple tips to ensure a fun and memorable trip.
- Bring toys. Hand over travel board games and card games one at a time to keep your child’s interest and to keep things fresh.
- Any electronic portables will be life savers. Portable DVD players, music-players, and hand-held video games can provide hours of entertainment.
- Pack snacks and drinks without too much sugar. Too much sugar equals one antsy traveler.
- Get physical. Run around with the kids at every stop. This gives children an opportunity to stretch and burn off excess energy. As a bonus, it will also help kids relax for the next leg of the journey.
- Bring along the stuffed animal or “blankey” your child sleeps with at night. It’s important to bring some of your child’s comforts while on the road. It helps them sleep in unfamiliar places.
- Keep a small First-Aid Kit with you. Pack tissues, wipes, hand sanitizer, spare toilet paper, and paper towels. Make sure to bring along everyone’s medical insurance cards, in case of emergency.
These tips will come handy whether you are taking your kids to theme parks during a Los Angeles Tour, or a hiking getaway on a Yellowstone Tour. As long as you are armed with the above tips, planning that dream Europe tour or the much-awaited Hawaii vacation with your kids won’t be as daunting as you thought it would be.