As the events unfolded in last night’s Hell’s Kitchen, I started to see how everything will play out in the upcoming weeks. It was pretty shocking to see Josh totally kicked off the show right in the middle of service like that. And it was probably more of a shock to see Julia win the first challenge with a grilled chicken sandwich. But after we got through all of that and Julia was sent home with tuition to culinary school (very touching), we are really left with not much of a choice; Rock will win hands down.
Now I know a lot of people don’t necessarily agree with me or feel he doesn’t deserve to win, but he is the only real competitor. And to prove my point, here is my top ten teasons Rock is going to win Hell’s Kitchen.
1. Rock has the most experience. Rock is already an Executive Chef; he knows a thing or two about running a restaurant. No matter the outcome of challenges during the show, his experience will undoubtedly come into play.
2. Bonnie is a nanny. Remember the prize is a multi-million dollar restaurant. Ramsay is not going to hand that kind of prize over to someone who cooks for three-year-olds. (And by the way, to anyone who thought Julia was going to win, you’re insane. Ramsay would never hand over that kind of prize to someone with such limited talent, no matter how nice she is.)
3. Jen and Bonnie have very little confidence. I specifically remember Jen saying “No body liiiikes me” in that whiny voice of hers this past episode. In order to run a restaurant, you need confidence (and a less annoying voice). Stop caring what people think, and get the job done.
4. Rock has continuously put out good dishes for challenges. More often than not, Rock was on the losing team during challenges, but it was never because of his food. His poor teammates (Josh) usually put Rock on the team forced to pick up trash. Well, that and it created TV drama.
5. Jen has no taste. In last night’s episode, Jen thought she was going to meet celebrities and said she would “pee her pants” if she met Mariah or The Rock. I can only imagine her restaurant being filled with Glitter posters and the hostess saying, “Smith, your table is ready. Its time for you to smell what The Rock is cooking. Follow me.”
6. Bonnie has made poor decisions during prep time. Last week, Bonnie screwed up the shipment order coming in. This week, she threw away a boatload of monkfish because she thought they smelled bad when they were fine. Mistakes like those are a surefire way of ensuring your restaurant will fail. And I am still kind of curious why she hasn’t been punished for all that yet.
7. Online betting pegged Rock to win. At the beginning of the season, remember, the online betting site Bodog.com ceased all bets on Hell’s Kitchen because of a sudden large number of people voting for Rock to win it all. Someone knows something …
8. Rock is a team player but listens to Ramsay. When Ramsay tells Rock he’s doing something wrong, he fixes it. This is quite different from some of the other players, who, when Ramsay yells at them, continue to screw up because they don’t know how to remedy the problem in the first place. Rock has the experience. Jen and Bonnie don’t.
9. Rock drama is inevitable. There is no doubt Rock will be a finalist based on drama alone. He had problems with both Bonnie and Jen in last night’s episode and if we learned anything from Hell’s Kitchen, it’s that any “good” episode can’t go without fighting and drama. Nobody wants to see two friends (Jen and Bonnie) go head-to-head for the prize.
10. I’m so confident that Rock will pull this off that I’m leaving #10 to you. Why do you think Rock will win Hell’s Kitchen? Let me know by visiting MediaVillage.com
By Andrew Sousa
Related Story: Hell’s Kitchen: Wedding Service Success