You are here
10 Accessories Every Girl Should Own
- Photos (clockwise from top): Barefoot Blonde, Haute Pink Pretty, Gary Pepper
A Gold Watch
If you are going to invest in a watch, choose a classic style that will last a lifetime. Gold watches are like black pumps: They will never go out of style and they go with everything! They come in a range of sizes and shapes so try on a few different kinds to see what works for you.
- Photos (clockwise from top):Nany's Klozet, Fashion Hippie Loves, Say Hello Max
Some Simple Studs
A pair of simple studs is a great everyday accessory. I personally like a single diamond/crystal stud but stay true to your style. If you wear more color or prints, incorporate a stud with a flower motif. If you have more of an edgy style, an oxidized silver stud or black stone works with your everyday look.
- Photos (clockwise from top): Atlantic Pacific, What Olivia Did, Katalina Girl
Black Fedora Hat
Hats lend an element of cool to your look. If you are going to have just one hat in your accessory closet, make it a black fedora. Hats match any hairstyle and come in a wide variety of sizes and fabrication. Natural wool is great for fall and straw works well for summer.
- Photos (clockwise from top): Moiology, Viva Luxury, Song of Style
- Photos (clockwise from top): Natalie Off Duty, Tobruck Ave, Late Afternoon
Adding a piece of jewelry that combines both silver and gold is a great way to broaden your range of accessories. One piece—whether a bracelet, ring, or earrings—that combines the two metals makes it easy to wear gold and silver at the same time.
- Photos (clockwise from top): M Loves M, Pink Peonies, Gal Meets Glam
- Photos (clockwise from top): Melanee, A Keene Sense of Style, Peace Love Shea
- Photos (clockwise from top): After Drk, LP Fashion Philosophy, Studs and Sapphires
Classic Shoulder Bag
We all love handbags! What every woman should own is a classic black leather shoulder bag. This, like the gold watch, is an investment piece. Choose one of great quality and with a simple, clean style so you can use it season after season.
- Photos (clockwise from top): Sincerely Jules, Vanilla Extract, Angel Food Style
A printed scarf is a fun way to put color and dimension into your outfit. Remember that prints don't have to be wild and overly colorful. A black-and-white striped or polka-dot print can add some fun to your everyday look.