Transitioning from summer to fall is a rather slow process for me considering Arizona’s weather stays warm until around late September. I try to utilize as many summer clothes as I can during the fall and winter months. One of my favorite ways to do that is with my sundresses. The main way to achieve this transitioned look is by layering. Adding layers is key when you transition your outfits from summer to fall to winter, without having to redo your entire wardrobe!
A favorite style of mine that works perfectly for each season is the bohemian style. This style encompasses the layering of different textures, patterns, and colors to create the perfect put-together look. Here is my simple guide that I follow when putting together this transitioned look.
- Pick out a neutral summer dress. I went with a white lace baby doll dress. (similar here)
- Pair your dress with a slouchy open cardigan. A sweater or cardigan is a perfect layering piece and adds warmth on a chilly day. (similar here)
- For a pop of color and another layer, add a colorful scarf. (similar here)
- This step is completely customizable and can be adjusted depending on the weather. I always reach for thigh-high socks, but if it were a blistery day, tights would be a perfect addition underneath as well.
- Next throw on some black leather boots. (similar here)
- Lastly, add a versatile bag and accessorize your arm party.
This would be a perfect look for school, running errands, lunch with friends, or even a casual date night. For a more sophisticated going-out look, try tossing on a leather moto jacket over a chiffon maxi to create a touch of drama. Wear your hair in a topknot or a sleek, slicked back ponytail. You are bound to turn some heads with this gorgeous getup.
Get more fashion inspiration from Alyssa at Sincerely, Truly Scrumptious.