Did someone send you gifts that will never see the light of day? Have no fear. Here’s a list of all your favorite store’s return policies!
Another holiday has come and gone and once again, you are left not only with excess pounds, but you’re with unwanted gifts … yep! Crazy Aunt Gertrude has struck again and you’re not so sure she checked in with Santa (because you’re pretty sure that hideous yellow sweater was NOT on your wish list this year). Have no fear though!
ParentsAsk.com hascompiled a list of return policies from your favorite store to help guide you through the next phase of the holidays: making returns. Enjoy!
In Store: A receipt dated within 90 days is required for all returns and exchanges? All returns and exchanges must be new, unused, and contain all original packaging and accessories. A form of personal identification may be required. Some items cannot be returned if opened, including music, movies, video games, software and collectibles. Other restrictions may apply.
Store refunds will be issued in the same form of payment originally used for purchase:
- Credit Card Purchases: Your refund will be credited to the original credit card.
- Target GiftCard Purchases: Your refund will be issued in the form of a Target GiftCard good for purchases made at Target stores and on Target.com.
- Gift Recipients: If your return is made with a gift receipt, your refund will be issued as a Target GiftCard good for purchases made at Target stores and on Target.com.
- Check Purchases: Your refund may be issued in the form of cash or a Target GiftCard good for purchases made at Target stores and on Target.com.
- Don’t have your receipt? In most instances, Target stores can verify purchases made on a credit/debit card, check or GiftCard using our Refund Look-up system.
Online: Online purchases must be returned within 90 days and must be new, unused, and contain all original packaging and accessories. A form of personal identification may be required. Some items cannot be returned if opened, including music, movies, video games, software and collectibles. GiftCards, e-GiftCards, prepaid music, game, and phone cards cannot be returned. Items that have been replaced because they are damaged, defective or incorrect must be returned to a Target.com Returns Center, and cannot be returned to a Target store. Other restrictions may apply.
You must have an in-store receipt from our Online Returns Center in order to return a Target.com item to a store.
Misc: It’s easy to return an online purchase at a Target store, and You can print an in-store receipt online. For more info, click here.
In Store: Most store items can be exchanged or refunded with a receipt within 90 days of purchase. Visit walmartstores.com to see exceptions for electronic and regulated items.
Walmart’s No Receipt policy applies to items returned in a store only. You have the option of a cash refund (for purchases under $25), a Gift Card for the amount of the purchase (for purchases over $25), a credit to your credit card or an even exchange for the product. They also follow any manufacturer’s warranties. You can make up to three No Receipt returns within a 45 day period.
Online: All merchandise sold and shipped by Walmart.com may be returned to a store within 90 days of receiving it, unless otherwise noted in the Return Guidelines by Department chart below. For items sold by a Marketplace Retailer, contact the retailer directly.
Misc: Note* Computer and Electronicshave a shorter return window:
- Computer hardware: Must be returned with any included software within 15 days of receipt.
- Computer components and computer accessories: Must be returned within 45 days of receipt.
- Computer software: Must be returned unopened.
- Camcorders and digital cameras: Must be returned within 30 days of receipt.
- GPS units, digital music players and portable video players: Must be returned within 15 days of receipt.
For more return policies, click here.
Originally published on truuconfessions