You are here
Top 10 Wearable Trends From NYFW: Taking Fashion From the Runway to Real Life
- Debby Wong / Shutterstock.com, Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Altuzarra
Bold Fur Coats
One of our favorite styles for fall 2014 was bold, colorful fur coats from standout designers like DKNY, Ralph Lauren, Dennis Basso, and Altuzarra. Bold fur is a must-have for fall 2014. Check out more bold fur options here.
- Kate Spade, Jenny Packham, Sam Aronov / Shutterstock.com, Christian Siriano
Glam Girl Embellishment
Heavily decorated garments graced the runways in the form of sequin dresses, rhinestone adorned coats, and skirts in a plethora of styles and designs. There were also other embellishments, such as fur, feathers, ruffles, lace, and fringe from designers like Kate Spade, Christian Siriano, Mara Hoffman and Jenny Packham. From everyday apparel to chic accessories, here are a few embellished pieces to add to your wardrobe. Check out more embellishment here.
- Debby Wong / Shutterstock.com. Delpozo, Anton Oparin / Shutterstock.com, Tommy Hilfiger
We're craving these pretty, pop-color plaids from top designers such as Tracy Reese, Delpozo, Wildfox, and Tommy Hilfiger. While plaid is a signature fall pattern, designers shook it up with more vivacious colors in the form of dresses, sweatshirts, and wool outerwear. Find more fun plaid here.
- Aronov / Shutterstock.com, Ovidiu Hrubaru / Shutterstock.com, Public School, Debby Wong / Shutterstock.com
We can’t deny our love for luxurious cape coats. Lucky for us, many walked the runways for fall 2014. From military-inspired to Little Red Riding Hood, the designs and styles are vast. Check out a few of our faves here.
- Kate Spade, lev radin / Shutterstock.com, Band of Outsiders, Charlotte Ronson
Fall florals unfurl on dark-as-night, moody backgrounds while still remaining vibrant in their own way. This might be one of the easiest trends to rock for fall 2014. Here are a few florals we love.
- Ovidiu Hrubaru / Shutterstock.com, Alice + Olivia, Sam Aronov / Shutterstock.com, Nicole Miller
Birds of a Feather
Designers like Herve Leger, Alice + Olivia, Milly, and Nicole Miller flocked together to fill their runways with fanciful feathers. This uber-chic, textured look took over the fall 2014 shows. From accessories to feather-filled dresses and skirts, we’re a fan of this feathery trend. Find a few more feathers here.
- Band of Outsiders, Anton Oparin / Shutterstock.com, Debby Wong / Shutterstock.com
After a multi-season hiatus, metallics are back—hallelujah!—thanks to designers like Band of Outsiders and Rebecca Minkoff. Whether you're going for full metallic look like this Vera Wang dress or a spot of shimmery shine such as the lapels on this DKNY piece, this is a trend of glamorous portion. Find more metallics here.
- Kate Spade, DVF, Jason Wu, Anton Oparin / Shutterstock.com
Fur bags are big for fall 2014: Shoulder bags, cross-body bags, and clutches enhanced looks at shows such as Kate Spade, DVF, Jason Wu, and Rebecca Minkoff. It’s a sure bet that fur is in your future so check out a few of our furry favorites.
- Marc Jacobs, Delpozo, Ovidiu Hrubaru / Shutterstock.com, Anton Oparin / Shutterstock.com
Pretty Winter Pastels
Winter pastels in soft, pretty shades caught our eye in cold-weather apparel. We’ll be ready for full on sugary shades in fall 2014, because these candy-colored concoctions are a girly girl’s dream palette. If you're craving sweets, check out a few more pretty pastels.
- Delpozo, Charlotte Ronson, Sam Aronov / Shutterstock.com, Anton Oparin / Shutterstock.com
Ladies, get ready because sexy—and sophisticated—sheer is here. This season we saw skin-showing cutouts and panels from designers like Delpozo and Charlotte Ronson, while Milly and Vera Wang gave us head-to-toe sheer looks. If you love sheer like we are, shop some of our favorite sheer looks to wear now.