As team leader, your responsibility is to guide your team towards a common goal. How you go about stimulating productivity from your team is the tricky part. Are you looking to increase your company’s profit margins? Well, it starts with stimulating a higher productivity rate from your team.
Here are five ways to increase productivity and profits:
1. Create Your Winning Team. Surrounding yourself with capable bodies is vital. Whether it be tech savvy or PR wizardry, each team member should bring something different and yet complimentary to the overall skill set.
Really get your hands dirty when dealing with human resources by actually interviewing your potential candidates with one-on-one sessions. By adapting a more hands-on approach towards professionalism, your newly acquired team will be inspired to put out their best efforts. Leading by example is infectious in the workplace.
2. Get Your Supporters Talking. The streets are talking and the Web has ears. Potential customers are more responsive to recommendations from friends and family. This positive feedback stems from competent customer service and satisfaction.
By going that extra mile to get the job done, your clients will definitely take notice and spread the word among their network of friends. Generating this type of buzz is far more valuable and affordable than throwing thousands of dollars towards a print ad campaign; however, the turnaround requires more time and patience. You may even want to consider a rewards system for leads and referrals.
3. Develop Your Internet Marketing Strategy. Cover all your bases as best you can. So you have positive feedback from your client base and the word is getting around, but not as fast as you would like. The World Wide Web is your next outlet to increase the demand for your services as well as increase your market share.
According to Internet World Stats, there are 1.407 billion users and counting perusing the Web. These are all potential customers and with a proper internet marketing strategy, you can up your sites’ presence as well as increase traffic.
4. Email Marketing. Collaboration Software. What once required lengthy man-hours and salaried micromanagement has been done away with thanks to the SAS (software-as-a-service). This collaboration software phenomenon has revolutionized the process of project management as well as further reduced the need for office space, thereby slashing your overhead.
By utilizing Web access, your team shares a workspace in real time without having to be under the same roof. Task Management, team meetings, and file sharing can be streamlined through a template-based collaboration software. It’s easy to use and the set-up time is minimal, depending on the software you choose.
5. Goals. Incentives such as cash bonuses and or vacation packages are okay, but without defined goals, your team is more or less competing amongst each other rather than collaborating to accomplish a common goal.
It helps to have a finish line on the horizon to keep those legs pumping. By setting defined goals and posting them for all to see, your team productivity should spike considerably, especially since progress is more easily gauged. If they can visualize the end, your team will know how hard they have to push to get there.