There are many social media addicts in this world. You see it every day on Digg, Reddit, and StumbleUpon. Even Propeller, Mixx, and Newsvine have their share. What you may or may not know is whether or not you are one of them.
It’s often tough to recognize. Perhaps the joy of seeing your first story on the front page of the site was enough to set you off. Maybe it’s a desire to promote your point of view, a political candidate, even your own blog or business. For some, it’s something that passes the time (until too much time has passed). Read these signs below and seek immediate help if three or more apply to you.
1. When you hear breaking news on the radio, you immediately pull over and whip out your laptop or cell phone to see if it has been submitted. Sometimes, you whip out your laptop or cell phone without pulling over.
2. This sentence makes sense to you: “I almost FPd a Jobs fanboy submit, but the brigade buried it off upcoming.”
4. Your GTalk is loaded with people you’ve never met, never actually spoken to, and whose name may or may not be real, but somehow you feel a close kinship with them.
5. Any time you play cards, a spade makes you think of a guy named Muhammad.
6. You had plants, as far as you can recall, but there are now just baskets of dirt with dead brown leaves in them. You vaguely remember having a dog as well. Also, there’s a strange smell in your apartment.
7. Some (or all) of the following groups of apparently random letters and numbers means something to you: QGYH2sbutkicGt2099dexlovex27hlmoojj.
8. Regardless of what kind of computer you have, you claim to have a Mac. If you are bold enough to admit that you own a PC, you at least run Firefox as your browser.
9. Story, video, and image quality are important to you, but not as important as the headline.
10. The Presidential race may or may not be important to you, but either way, your main reason for wishing the primaries were over is to stop reading headlines about Ron Paul.
11. Within 0.03 seconds, you can look at a cute picture of an animal and know whether or not it was photoshopped.
12. Your feed list is longer than your grocery list.