Here are twenty-four solid reasons why you should not vote for Sarah Palin in the upcoming elections.
Palin is a religious fanatic with radical views:
1. Palin was an active member of the Alaskan Independence Party in the 1990s—an organization that has been pushing for a legal vote for Alaskans to decide whether or not residents of the Alaska can break away from the United States. Joe Vogler, the founder of AIP, has stated: “I’m an Alaskan, not an American. I’ve got no use for America or her damned institutions.” (Source)
2. Palin believes in the creationism myth and she is not the kind who believes in keeping her beliefs to herself. She is all for teaching creationism in schools.
3. Palin opposes abortion even in case of rape or incest. Now that is radical!
4. Palin is against stem cell research, which could prove to be a boon to millions around the globe.
5. She believes in abstinence-only sex education. Studies have shown that this doesn’t work. As a perfect example of its failure, her own seventeen-year-old unmarried daughter is pregnant.
Plain lies without blinking:
6. Palin said that she opposed the bridge to nowhere, but in reality she supported it while campaigning for governor.
7. Plain claims to be a reformist when in reality she has taken millions of dollars in earmarks and has hired lobbyists to get them.
8. She lied about selling a corporate jet acquired by the previous governor on eBay. The jet did not sell on eBay and was actually sold to one of her campaign donors at a major loss.
9. John Hagee wrote in his book, What Every Man Wants in a Woman, the sexist remark that goes “Do you know the difference between a woman with PMS and a snarling Doberman pinscher? The answer is lipstick.” Sounds familiar? Yup, Palin stole that passage and what she said at the convention was definitely not an unscripted joke.
Palin has no foreign policy experience:
10. Palin got her first passport in 2006 and has visited just four countries.
11. She has had little to no involvement in her state’s cross-border issues.
12. She has demonstrated little interest in expanding the state’s trade ties with Canada or Russia compared with some of her predecessors.
13. According to Victor Fischer, professor emeritus at the Institute for Social and Economic Research at the University of Alaska, Anchorage, “Sarah has not been involved in international affairs whatsoever.”
14. Why else would her supporters claim that Alaska’s proximity to Russia has given her unique experience on foreign affairs?
15. Palin was given a rigorous crash course on foreign policy and other issues before her interview with Charles Gibson, but nonetheless did not know what the “Bush doctrine” was!
Palin is anti-environment:
16. Palin wanted polar bears to be taken off the endangered species list, just to get permission to start drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Maybe because her husband works for the British petroleum?
17. Palin does not believe human activities are responsible for global warming.
Palin is a power abuser:
18. Palin got a public safety commissioner fired just because he was involved in a custody battle with her sister. The funny thing is that she praised the same commissioner for showing excellence in his job before he got into issues with Palin’s sister.
19. She tried to fire a librarian for not complying with her request to removing some books with bad language
Palin is a slow learner:
20. Palin’s speeches at conventions are always the same. She has never anything new to say and repeats the same thing like a trained parrot.
21. Palin attended five colleges in five years to earn her diploma and no one knows the reason why.
Palin is inexperienced and not ready for the job:
22. Palin’s experience consists of being a sports reporter, mayor of a town of 6000–8000 people, then governor of Alaska—a state with a population of only 670,000—for less than two years.
23. She only has a Bachelor’s degree in journalism.
24. Palin is a mother of five children! Her “latest” child has Down’s syndrome.
Do you really want such a person to become the VP, or God forbid, the President of the United States of America? If not, make your decision count and register for voting at voteforchange.com.