I am pondering what I like about being a Floridian as the temperatures hover in the upper nineties in late mid-morning, and sweat beads on the brow right after awakening. Here are a few reasons:
1) I enjoy a refreshing dip in the pool in February.
2) Lightning strikes are a large part of my digital photo album.
3) The monotonous hum of the ceiling fan provides year-round insomnia relief.
4) I’m not blessed with a green thumb and having a cement front yard raises no eyebrows.
5) Any state of undress is permitted almost anywhere.
6) Chasing native insects provides exercise for the dog, thus avoiding the expense of a treadmill.
7) Side-stepping native insects provides exercise for me, thus avoiding the expense of a treadmill.
8) Cooking out for Thanksgiving is a treasured tradition.
9) Iced tea with breakfast out receives no double takes.
10) Nothing beats a Florida gator in decluttering the neighborhood of pesky strays.