Apple bread is a quick and delicious baked good for fall. Quick breads are perfect for breakfast, snacks, or dessert. They also make wonderful gifts and are great for bake sales. Apples and caraway seeds are a perfect match in this bread, and a wonderful alternative to apple and cinnamon. For this recipe, I used Gala apples because they had the best price at my grocery store. You could use any variety, but it would be best to use a sweeter apple. This recipe makes a very moist bread.
- 1 1/2 cups grated apples (peeled if the apples have wax)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom of a loaf pan and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine the grated apples, egg, sugar, oil, and caraway seeds. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
2. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until just combined. Batter will be lumpy. Pour into the greased loaf pan
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and passes the toothpick test.
Originally published on Southern Grace Gourmet