This dish is the ultimate comfort food. Meat and Potatoes is all I have to say. Check out the recipe.
Cook Time Approximately 1 and 1/2 Hours
Meat, Ham, and Potato Stew
What You'll Need
8 Quart Stock Pot
7 or 8 Large Potatoes
1 Large Package of Frozen String Beans
1 Large Ham Steak
4 tablespoons of margarine (1/4 cup margarine)
1 and 1/2 tablespoons of Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1 and 1/2 tablespoons of Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon of Black Pepper
1/2 tablespoon of McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning (optional)
1. Peel all 8 potatoes, cut them in half, and then cut the halves in half.
2. Rinse the potatoes off and add them to the pot.
3. Open Ham Steak, drain ham juice into the pot, and then cut ham steak into cubes of your desired size.
4. Once Ham Steak is cubed add it to the pot.
5. Add string beans to the pot.
6. Fill the pot with water. Water should be just enough to cover the contents of the pot.
7. Add Lawry's Seasoned Salt, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Steak Seasoning, and Margarine
8. Bring ingredients to a boil with HIGH HEAT.
9. Once ingredients begin to boil reduce to MEDIUM HEAT.
Check back every half an hour to stir contents. The stew is done when potatoes are soft and water boils a little less than half way down. Do not let the water boil all of the way out of the pot. Check the consistency of the stew. The water should not be clear. The ingredients should blend and produce a stew like broth. Use your instincts. Your intuition will tell you when this dish is done. I wish you good eats! Let me know how it turns out.
Tips To Enhance The Dish
- Add vegetable stock instead of water
- Add garlic cloves instead of garlic powder
- Add fresh cracked pepper instead of regular pepper
- Add extra margarine or pepper to your bowl once stew is done