Good for a Cinco de Mayo fiesta!
- 1 pound of white fish (flounder, tilapia)
- Fifteen limes
- Three tomatoes
- Four small green chilies
- One onion
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Ten olives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
1. Wash fish and cut them into small pieces.
2. Put fish in porcelain dish and cover completely with limejuice. The acid in the limes is what cooks the fish, so be sure to refrigerate for at least four hours.
3. Drop tomatoes into boiling water for a few seconds. Cool, peel, seed, and cut into small chunks.
4. Wash chilies; seed and chop.
5. Mince onion.
6. When fish are done marinating in the limejuice, drain the juice and dry the fish.
7. Put all ingredients together, mix well, and refrigerate for at least two more hours, but preferably overnight. The more it sits, the better it will taste. Mmmm muy hambre!
Serves four, adjust accordingly.
Also see Chez Pim’s yellowtail ceviche recipe.
Photo courtesy of wEnDaLicious (cc)