Applegate Farms’ Fire Roasted Red Pepper Sausage, chopped into bite size pieces (or your favorite chicken sausage brand)
1 bunch of rainbow chards, chopped in two-inch pieces and thoroughly rinsed.
15-ounce can of cannellini beans, liquid drained
15-ounce can of garbanzo beans, liquid drained
14.5-ounce can of Muir Glen fire roasted petite tomatoes with chipotle peppers
1/2 pound of ground chicken
1 small yellow onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, diced
1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
1–2 teaspoons salt (used throughout the cooking process)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Heat a large pot with 1 tablespoon of oil, add onion and a pinch of salt. Cook for 2–3 minutes. Add ground chicken, oregano, chili flakes, another dash of salt on medium high heat. Cook until meat is done and then add garlic and sausages. Fry everything for an additional 5 minutes.
2. Add beans to pot.
3. Add tomatoes to pot. Bring to a boil.
4. Sauté chards in a separate frying pan on high heat for 5 minutes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a dash of salt.
5. Add chard to pot, simmer with lid covered with a slight opening for 30 minutes.
6. Serve with a side of rice, warm bread, or tortillas.