Have you ever wondered how to grill great chicken? You ask yourself, “how long does it take to grill chicken?” Well now you can finally learn. We’ve included helpful information about grilling chicken along with an easy recipe for grilled chicken that you’ll want to try today!
Tips For How to Grill Chicken
- Preheat grill to medium heat before grilling
- Cover grilling surface with low-fat cooking spray
- Turn chicken every ten minutes once you start cooking
- If you are adding barbecue sauce, only do so about 25 minutes after you have started cooking
- Check for doneness after about 40 minutes. Large pieces can take up to 60 minutes, however.
- Make sure your chicken is fully thawed when you put it on the grill
- Use a meat thermometer to perfectly check whether the chicken is done or not. A done chicken will have a center temperature of 185 degrees F.
Grilled Chicken Recipe
Cornish game hens are one of the most delicious chickens out there and they are perfect for grilling. Enjoy the unique taste of Cornish game hens with this grilled chicken recipe. Some Cornish game hens recipes are complex and time consuming, with this recipe you simply mix the ingredients and marinade for up to two hours.
2 Cornish hens, (4 pounds)
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons Cilantro
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
Wash hens, split into small pieces.
Mince cilantro, mix with garlic, pepper, and soy sauce.
Marinate hen bits in this mix for a couple of hours, turning every so often.
Grill or broil until done.
Other Great Grilled Chicken Recipes
Now that you know some more about grilling chicken, you may want to try out some of these other great grilled chicken recipes!
Easy Garlic Lime Chicken
Grilled au Vin Chicken
Lemon Garlic Grilled Chicken
Mango Grilled Chicken Salad
Originally published on Fave Diets