Week number two of my special fall recipe guide brings a dish that is sure to get your crowd really excited to meet at the dinner table. This one can be frozen for a later date or saved for lunch the next day! Also another great way to use left-over chicken!
Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas
- One can (10 3/4 ounces) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup your favorite salsa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Six flour tortillas (6-inch), warmed
- One small tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- One green onion, sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
Heat the oven to 350° F. Stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce, and chili powder in a medium bowl.
Stir 1 cup soup mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl.
Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place seam-side down in an 11 × 7 × 2-inch baking dish. Pour the remaining soup mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish.
Bake for forty minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with the tomato and onion.
- Ingredient Note: Stir 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed, into the chicken mixture before filling the tortillas, if desired.
- Easy Substitution: Substitute three cans (4.5 ounces each) Swanson® Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained, for the cooked chicken.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with iceberg lettuce salad mixed with carrots and red cabbage and a red wine vinaigrette. For dessert serve prepared refrigerated flan.