Quinoa is a brilliant plant-based source of protein. This recipe is so easy and so delish, it’ll become a regular standby meal. And by the way, you can always cook up a big pot of quinoa and use leftovers for this. How simple?
Delectable Quinoa Salad:
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa rinsed under cold water
- 3 cups boiling water
- Pinch of salt
- Two spring onions, sliced
- 2/3 Cup of green pitted, chopped olives
- One avocado, cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- One red pepper, diced
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 teaspoon Trocomare/herbal salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1. Prepare the Quinoa
Lightly toast the rinsed quinoa in a pot for about two to three minutes.
Add three cups boiling water and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and then simmer on low for fifteen to twenty minutes, until all water is absorbed. Turn off heat and allow the quinoa to sit for five minutes. Fluff with a fork. Allow to cool slightly.
2. Add all other ingredients—in my family I tend to separate out the quinoa into bowls and then give everybody the ingredients that they’ll eat tossed together with the dressing.
3. Prepare the dressing
Combine the ingredients, blend and pour!
Super Simple; Simply Delicious!