My aunt and uncle have sailed on their boat with the same group of friends for almost thirty years. One of their friends has had a rich romantic life—in other words, every time I go sailing with this crew, I meet his new flavor of the month. While digging through my aunt’s recipe box, I found the recipe that he gave her for “The Perfect Margaurita” which made me reflect upon this sailor as a multi-tasker—blending his drinks as he imagined the perfections of his next girlfriend.
- 1-1/2 ounces Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila
- 1/2 ounce Triple Sec or Grand Marnier
- Juice of half a lime (That’s just enough lime there, sailor.)
1. Pour ingredients into a blender with 1/2 dozen crushed ice cubes.
3. Wipe the rim of an iced champagne glass with the other half of the lime. (Sailor, you’re such a charmer … paying attention to the details and serving them up in a champagne glass.)
4. Invert glass into a puddle of coarse salt.
5. Fill with Margaurita!
Photo ©Christy and Charles Thompson