One of my favorite things to do is to make breakfast for dinner. I’m a huge fan of breakfast but don’t have time to make any awesome dishes in the morning during the week. So sometimes I find it fun to whip up some breakfast recipes for dinner and shake things up a bit. There are plenty of breakfast recipes that can make a wonderful dinner, especially quiches, omelets and frittatas. You can pair that with pancakes or sausage or fruit, it all works!
Thanks to our friends at Chobani Yogurt I discovered this yummy and very easy Red Pepper and Onion Frittata that I couldn’t wait to make up. With only a few simple ingredients and easy to follow directions this dish can be made again and again. If you need something heartier to pair it with, then cook up some turkey sausage or other breakfast sausage. So whether for breakfast or dinner this frittata makes a great dish! Learn how to make this Chobani recipe below:
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and diced
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced with ¼ teaspoon salt
6 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3/4 cup Plain 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in 9-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet.
- Add peppers and onions, and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes, until tender.
- Add garlic, and cook, stirring until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Put pepper mixture in bowl and set aside. Wipe out skillet with paper towel.
- Place remaining tablespoon oil in skillet, swirl to coat the sides and place in the oven.
- While skillet is heating, beat eggs in bowl and season with salt.
- Add pepper and Chobani, and whisk together. Stir in cooked peppers and onion. Pour in egg mixture into skillet.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden on top. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing into 6 pieces.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 148, Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 215mg, Sodium 275mg, Carbohydrate 7g, Fiber 1g, sugar 4g, Protein 10g
Cooking time (duration): 35 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 6