Are you ready for the holidays? Ready or not here they come! Since they are just a few weeks away it might be time to prepare your game plan. I often look at the holidays like preparing for childbirth, or preparing for surgery … medicate … medicate … medicate! What a better way to do that than to eat your drink? There is an art to making a great cocktail, but it is pure heaven to make a dessert and a cocktail all rolled into one! This is a great cake recipe inspired by one of the all time great cocktails!
Harvey Wallbanger Cake
1(18.25-ounce) package of yellow cake mix
1(3.5-ounce) package of instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup vegetable oil
5 oonces Galliano liquer
2 ounces of premium vodka (I prefer Pravda or Grey Goose)
1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1cup of powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350, grease and flour a bundt cake pan (that is a round cake pan with a hole in the middle)combine cake mix, pudding, oil, eggs, 1 ounce of the vodka, 4 ounces of the Galliano, and 4 ounces of the fresh OJ.
2. Mix batter by hand until smooth (about 1min).
3. Bake for 45 minutes.
4. While baking make the glaze by combining 1ounce Galliano, 1ounce vodka, 1 ounce fresh orange juice, and 1cup powdered sugar. Glaze will be runny.
5. Let the cake cool for at least a half an hour before you remove it from the pan. Pour the glaze over the cake while it is still warm.
6. Garnish with zest from an orange.
This is one of the easiest and best tasting cakes to make. A great addition to any holiday spread. If you enjoy the cake, wait until you try the drink. Even better have a slice of cake and a drink together!
1.5 shot of premium vodka (must try Pravda)
5 ounces of fresh squeezed orange juice
1. Pour over crushed ice in a tall glass and stir gently.
2. Float one shot of Galliano liquor over the top.
3. Garnish with orange wedge.
4. Repeat if needed!
Now you really can have your cake … and drink it too!