Banana Walnut Cream Torte
The Banana Walnut Cream Torte cake recipe has been my family’s favorite summer dessert recipe for many years, and it goes well with Labor Day and summer barbeques! The recipe is very easy and can be made ahead of time. It never fails to get lots of compliments and requests for the recipe. The recipe was handed down to me from my mother.
1 Box Yellow Butter Cake Mix (Must use the Butter Recipe)
1 or 2 pints heavy whipping cream sweetened with sugar to taste
2 or 3 Bananas
4 oz. Chopped Walnuts
- Mix cake mix and bake as directed on package. Divide batter into three 8 or 9-inch round cake pans.
- Whip cream in chilled bowl with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add sugar to sweeten.
- After cake layers are removed from oven and cooled, take first layer and place on cake plate or stand.
- Cover first layer with thinly sliced bananas and then whipped cream. Cover second and third layer.
- Sprinkle top of torte with chopped walnuts.
- Chill in fridge until ready to slice and serve. It tastes scrumptious served chilled as a summer dessert!