My Gramma wears patchouli and has double-pierced ears, but is SUPER old-fashioned in food. This is from her. Happy Holidays!
Here goes sweety! They are simple to make. Love you lots. Got lights up outside and inside, tree and decorations up. Keep in touch. Love and hugs,
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups (1 pound) oleo or other yellow margerine in sticks
- Add four scant heaping cups flour
- Vanilla or almond extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Mix ingredients together well
- Roll small portions into balls
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375º F until lightly brown. (Don’t overbake.
- When cookies are cool, shake them in small batches in a baggie full of powdered sugar to coat them with “snow.”
Photo courtesy of McCormick.com