- 4 cups oats (quick oats work well)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar (this can make it a bit sweet if you also use dried fruit)
- 3–5 cups dried nuts and fruits
- 2–3 medium eggs
- Mix first three ingredients together and let mixture sit for 3+ hours (overnight is easy).
- Add 3 cups dried nuts and fruit, combining with oat mixture and two medium eggs OR add 5 cups dried nuts and fruit, combining with oat mixture and three medium eggs (my preference is to add 3 cups (one each of coconut, pecans, and dried cranberries), along with 2 medium eggs.
- Press mixture into 9×13" shallow pan lined with lightly oiled parchment paper (To make granola, the mixture can be spread into a couple of shallow pans and doesn’t need to be pressed.)
- Bake at 350º for about 25 minutes—or when you can smell granola bars in your home and the top has begun to look golden brown. If making granola, the mixture can be baked at 250º and turned every 10–15 minutes until the toasted granola looks golden brown.