In this recipe, boiled potatoes get finished off on the grill for a tender inside and a crispy bottom. Tossed with Kalamata olives, garlic, parsley, fresh oregano, and extra virgin olive oil, Grilled Herb Potatoes make a delicious and easy side dish for any meal. Feed you family and enjoy one of the best potato recipes.
- 3 pounds small red skinned potatoes cut in half
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- large handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano, stems removed
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash the potatoes and place them in a large stock pot. Add water just to cover the potatoes. Bring the water and potatoes to a boil and cook the potatoes until a knife can be easily inserted through the center of the potato, taking care not to over cook them.
- Slice the potatoes in half. (If your potatoes are a little large, slice them in quarters.) Place 1-2 tablespoons of oil on a plate and dip the cut sides of the potatoes in oil. Grill them on an indoor cast iron grill or outdoor grill just until the cut side is crisp and has nice grill marks on it.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked potatoes with the olives, parsley, oregano, garlic, and remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.