There is nothing like making some old fashioned recipes for homemade ice cream. especially for the summer months. But if you’re new to the world of making ice cream, then you may be a little uncomfortable with the idea of trying it out. Learn everything you need to know here about how to make homemade ice cream. Kids love ice cream almost as much as life itself, so fill their heads with happy memories of a summer full of tasty new flavors to try, made right at home. They’ll become the most popular kids on the block if they can share the ice cream love!
Once upon a time, making ice cream was extremely difficult for the average person to do. Endless freezing and constant manual turning made ice cream making more of a chore than a pleasure. Luckily, now there are some excellent machines on the market that turn crafting old fashioned recipes for homemade ice cream into a simple, though still a bit time consuming, task. These machines vary widely in price, so no matter where you are in your life you can surely find one for you! Here are some basic tips for ice cream making that you should know before you start looking at recipes:
- There are two types of ice cream makers: electric machines and manual turns. On the less advanced end, the electric machines are not all that expensive and are a lot easier than the manual ones.
- Some electric turners require the use of ice and salt to keep the mixture cool while it is turning. Others come with a special solution inside it that replaces the ice and salt.
- Salt can be bought from any grocery store and is labeled as “ice cream salt” most of the time. It is not the same as table salt and you will use a lot of it if you are making ice cream a lot.
- You can also make ice cream with a hand mixture, using the “still freezing” technique. This is more work, but requires you to periodically mix the ice cream during the freezing process.
- The basic ingredients of most ice cream are cream, milk, sugar, corn starch, eggs, and some flavoring.
- Making ice cream at home can take a lot of time and effort, but the flavor is fantastic and it is cheaper than buying ice cream at the store.
- When you purchase a machine, it will have specific instructions that come along with it.
- There are many different varieties of ice cream, so have fun and experiment with them!
Now that you have an idea of what you need to make some homemade ice cream, why not try one of our great, old-fashioned recipes for homemade ice cream? One popular recipe is Bobo’s Banana Ice Cream. This tasty banana frozen treat is a little something different than vanilla. Check it out below:
- 2 overripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 heavy or whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- Juice of one lemon
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend.
- Take this base and transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer’s directions.
- Mash the bananas and lemon juice together in a bowl, then whisk until smooth.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done), add the banana mixture, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
If you’re looking for some more great ice cream recipes, consider these below. You’ll always find the recipes you need here at Recipe Lion.
Originally published on RecipeLion