I love hummus, but it didn’t occur to me for a long time to add orange juice to it, to make it more flavorful. I imagine you could try other juices as well (although I’m not sure how good Kool-Aid hummus would taste).
- Two cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 teaspoon each of cumin, coriander, ginger, dry mustard, turmeric, and paprika
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Three medium garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Cayenne to taste
- Combine all ingredients, and mix in blender until smooth.
- Cover mixture and refrigerate for two hours, so flavors blend together.
- Remove from refrigerator thirty minutes before serving.
- Drizzle with additional olive oil, if desired.
- Serve with pitas, pita chips, and multi-seed crackers or fresh-cut carrots, celery, and peppers.