The 60 to 65 percent of people from the western country are overweight. Maintaining a healthy weight and reducing the risks to be obese is very difficult today.
What are the new diseases of the “Welfare” societies?
- Over weight
- Heart attack
- Diseases connected with a sedentary life
The first problem we can identify is that we consume fewer calories in respect to that ones we add. We eat the same as our grannies did but do less physical activities (Our grannies come from a farm society where it was very usual to do ten hours a day of physical activity in the camps).
Eating as the people from the Mediterranean can resolve these problems.
The Mediterranean diet is not a “Diet” but a way to eat followed for centuries by the Mediterranean people (Italy, Greece, France, Spain, Middle-east, etc...).
The most common misconception about this dietary pattern is that does no exist an exact “Diet.” When people talk about the Mediterranean diet, they should talk about the healthy foods to eat and not the quantity (for this reason there are dietitians and other doctors that can help for).
Here 10 reasons to help you live a better life by eating as a Mediterranean do.
- In respect to the other “Fad” diets (low carb, detox, etc...), It’s not expensive.
- It’s a long-term diet that helps you maintain your weight after you lose it.
- Following this principles you won’t fail loose weight regularly without damaging your body because.
- It’s Healthy: There are thousand of trusted researches that confirm its health benefits.
- You won’t find anyone that talks bad about this diet. (Not considering the “Fad” diet promoters)
- Helps you live longer
- It’s tasty
- Reduce the risks of Alzheimer, cancer, and heart diseases
- It’s free for everyone and easy accessible. In Spain they promote that this diet become part of the U.N.E.S.C.O. patrimony.
- I’m Sicilian (Italy) and I eat the Mediterranean foods since 24 years and I’ve never had health problems
The most common misconception about this diet is that does no exist an exact “Diet.” People should consider it as healthy foods instead of the quantity.