I think I had better take my mom’s advice and make a “to-do” list for tomorrow:
1) Don’t bother putting on makeup. (Well, just a little mascara as I don’t want to scare the kids)
2) Remind kids to raise their hands if they need me (*hell, that’s like telling them not to breathe).
3) Add seven new students’ names onto my attendance record as apparently they were not listed in the first place.
4) Review Special Area schedule again. (How was I supposed to know that I had to actually walk students to PE and wait for the PE teacher to actually grace us with her presence before I leave?)
5) Decide what to teach for Reading, Language, and Math.
6) Assign students their lunch table numbers-again…no one told me that the lunch tables only have six chairs each…I thought it was pretty cool myself that all the kids tried to crowd around one table and swap food.
7) Be flexible.
8) Oh, yeah, in the future start making a list for the next day at least a year in advance.