It’s Thursday night, neither one of you have plans for the evening. Television sounds boring, you’ve seen the latest movies, and the pile of laundry can wait; now what?
You can bring out the dusty checker board from underneath the TV stand or catch up on the pile of magazines you never have time to thumb through, or you can turn down the lights, light candles, put on some music, pour some wine (or the beverage of your choice), and play “Do You Remember…” If the weather allows, you can create an equally pleasing atmosphere outdoors.
It’s simple to play and requires no scorecard or timer. You can sit side by side, leaning into each other, or you can sit face-to-face to watch each others’ expressions as you play. I believe sitting face-to-face at a distance is much more powerful; it allows you to connect, flirt, and send messages without saying a word. You can then use your entire body to send signals. And when one of you feels the urge, you can slowly get up while gazing directly into their eyes, approach them, lean in, and share a kiss, then quietly return to your seat and continue (or not).
Generally speaking, guys are not big fans of “girl-talk,” so this gentleman, is a relatively painless and provocative way of having a conversation. This game is meant to trigger fun, launch you into recalling tender and alluring memories, and bring back those oh-so-stirring feelings. Once you have turned down the ringer on the phone (all of them), you can settle in and begin. If a few snacks and mood music help set the tone or lure him, do it.
Time to play: Some of the questions have been created and some borrowed from online sources. These are listed only to encourage you to come up with your own style and unleash your mind.
- Do you remember what you thought the first time you saw me?
- Do you remember the first thing we said to one another?
- Do you remember when you told your parents about us?
- Do you remember when you knew you were in love?
- Do you remember our first kiss?
- Do you remember the first time I met your friends?
- Do you remember what we did on our second date?
- Do you remember when you knew I was the one?
If you’d like to add a little spice to the game, here are a few questions to get you started:
- What’s your biggest fantasy?
- What sexy nickname would you give me?
- What is the most memorable night we’ve had together?
- What color do you like to see me in?
- If we could go anywhere on vacation right now, where would it be?
- What would you do if you won fifty thousand dollars?
- If I was a tropical drink, what would it be called?
- Do you wanna dance?
The quickest way to end the game, and end up sleeping in separate rooms, is to judge your partner’s answers. Do not have expectations; simply enjoy the process of connecting with each other. Be playful and develop your own way of keeping score. Enhance your experience by practicing etiquette; listen respectfully. Enjoy!