Although Easter is a Christian holiday, you don’t have to be one to enjoy the festivities. Like any holiday, Easter is a cheerful day full of celebration with opportunities to meet that special someone. If you’re celebrating the holiday with family or friends, here are a few tips on bunny hopping yourself into a new romance:
1. Egg hunt: A popular Easter tradition is hiding plastic eggs full of candy around a designated area and having people search for them. Most people agree that the hunt itself is even more enjoyable than the prize! Turn it into a love hunt by taking this activity somewhere public, like a park. That way you can ask the cutie on the bench to help you look—or sit back and wait for him to find an egg and bring it to you first. It’s a double prize!
2. Throw a party: If you don’t have any celebrations to go to, why not throw one yourself? Decorate the space with pretty colors, create unique desserts using Easter candy, crank up some tunes, and let the fun begin! Encourage everyone to bring new friends so you’re guaranteed to meet someone. Offer him a homemade snack and strike up a conversation about how you came up with it. If you’re lucky, maybe he knows a thing or two about cooking himself!
3. Wear bright colors: Easter is famous for its luminous colors, but not everyone is brave enough to keep to the tradition of wearing them. Put on your brightest shirt and go out for a cup of coffee—you’re guaranteed to catch someone’s eye!
4. Join NYC’s Easter parade: Since the Civil War days, thousands of New Yorkers dress up each year in their craziest bonnets and parade down Fifth Avenue from 44th to 57th Street. It’s a fun and wacky way to meet a possible future beau. Think of the stories you’ll tell the kids!
5. Make a move: Put a note in a plastic egg and roll it to the feet of someone you noticed. It’s a cute and outgoing proposal that he won’t be able to resist!
Everyone wants the Easter bunny to leave us a special someone next to our candy baskets, but unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way. However, the holiday itself is a great excuse to get out there and find someone. With these tips, it should be easy as finding a bright pink egg in a tree! Cupid wishes you the best of luck on your hunt!
By Jenna Barbieri for Cupid’s Pulse