Through countless interactions with clients and many “insider” stories of date outcomes over the years, Linx Dating has compiled a list of fifty helpful tips to make your dating experience effortless. These tips are useful in allowing you to realize whether your actions help or hinder you in the dating game. You can find the first twenty five tips in Dating Do’s and Don’ts for Singletons.
26. Too much information is a bad thing. Don’t be an open book and reveal all your life history. Have an element of mystery to you!
27. Ladies, be seductive, be sexy, and a little sassy. Bat those eyelashes.
28. If you like one another, get your flirt on!
29. An innocent way of flirting is reaching over and touching a hand or arm when talking.
30. Insist on ordering dessert. Almost nothing is sexier or more sensual then sharing a gooey, rich, chocolate soufflé. Indulge in the senses.
31. Raw oysters and champagne are a great aphrodisiac and scream sexy and sophisticated.
32. If you like one another, tell each other. Why play games?
33. Don’t say negative things about your past, family, etc. If you do, you most likely won’t be having a second date.
34. Don’t ever sleep together on date number one, no matter how drunk you might get.
35. Guys, please don’t talk about strip clubs, Las Vegas wild nights, or sex at bachelor parties on your date. This is a red flag that indicates you are simply a guy that can’t get serious. Therapists call it The Peter Pan Syndrome for a reason.
36. Ladies, don’t go on and on about how your clock is ticking and you want three babies like “right now!” By the time you look up from pointing your finger at your watch in a playful gesture, your date is going to run so fast you won’t believe it and he probably never knew he was a elite runner either!
37. Too much cologne or perfume can be a bad thing. On the contrary, a couple of sprays is a good thing. Ladies, men respond very positively to these notes: Strawberries, Bilberries, Black Currant, Bulgarian Rose, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Sandalwood, Almond, and Praline. I’m not telling you my secret perfume, but if you go to Sephora and share these notes, they might show you “the” perfume that men go really wild for!
38. If you drink red wine on a date, it will stain your teeth. So if you are worried about this, drink white.
39. If you suffer from bad breath, also known as halitosis, then why not a) brush your teeth, b) floss your teeth, c) see a dentist and d) bring Altoids.
40. Kiss softly, gently, and sensually.
41. If your date goes well, go dancing. Dancing is a great test to see if you are compatible. Also, there is nothing sexier than a first kiss on a dance floor. It is a feeling like no other and so sexy!
42. Eye contact on a date is really important- that is eye contact with your date and not others around you. A wandering eye is creepy.
43. Smile, smile, smile! Smiles are contagious.
44. Don’t talk about religion or politics on a first date.
45. If you feel like you need to belch, please excuse yourself and go to the restroom.
46. Don’t seem too desperate for another date. Show interest, but play cool. It is a delicate balance.
47.Guys, don’t talk about weddings, babies, and how you want to settle down on the first date. Women know you are saying these things because you think we want to hear it.
48. People who sign up for dating services are not desperate. On the contrary, they have busy lives, are strategic, and seek an additional resource towards marriage.
49. Don’t be self-critical on a date. Your date will think you are a totally lacking empowerment and happiness if you tear yourself apart. Ladies, if a guy pays you a compliment, say “thank you,” instead of, “oh I don’t look good, I could lose five pounds!”
50. Be on time for your date and remember that being single is a good thing. As all of these do’s and don’ts might seem daunting, I can tell you there is not one “amazing” dater. Dating takes practice and you learn something from each date. Even from the pain of a really bad date, you can walk away learning something constructive about yourself and also, what you are not looking for in a match! In the meantime, have fun dating and go, get your flirt on!
By Amy Andersen