Don’t kid yourself; your partner’s profession has an influence on you. Now just how big of an influence, is up to you. I was talking to a guy yesterday about the benefits of brining his lunch to work—some may have classified it as arguing—instead of going out for chicken fried steak everyday. He wanted easy. I wanted economical and healthy. And because it’s my business and because I’m here to solve everyone’s problems, I offered up solutions. One of which was to have his wife make his lunch. I was actually only half-serious (she makes lunch for their kids), but his response enlightened me.
“Ya, right. I didn’t marry my wife for her cooking. I married her because I saw dollar signs.” He scoffed.
Well, excuuuuuse me. So, not only is he insatiably hungry for chicken fried steak, but he is for money as well.
So income is one factor some people are concerned with when it comes to a potential partner’s profession; while degree of sexiness just may be another. (Guilty.) All too often we hear of people dating, marrying, or even divorcing because of money; but rarely do we hear the same about the career sexiness factor. So that’s what prompted me to think about sexy careers, which are below:
1. Firefighter: Normally this would be too cliché for me, but after witnessing a pack of them come to the aid of a patient where I work, I was so so tempted to fake a seizure. I’m still tempted. Oh, and have you ever seen these guys hike Camelback? No wonder there are so many rescues on that mountain.
2. Chef: What’s more sensual than food, other than a special someone feeding it to you? And what could be more perfect than coming home to a gourmet meal prepared especially for you? Right now, I’m settling for Throwdown’s with Bobby Flay.
3. Artist (photographer, writer, musician, etc.): I know, these ones can be a little bit of a mess, but that’s where all of the mystery, appeal, and excitement come in.
4. TV Personality: These men are usually attractive, as well as intelligent. For instance, Anderson Cooper (I didn’t say straight) and Chris Cuomo. Break it to me boys.
5. FBI Agent: There’s something so utterly sexy about this super secretive profession. Oh, and imagine all of the role playing you could do because he can’t tell you squat.
6. Environmental Engineer: I admit it, I’m a glutton for geeks. But there’s a bonus to this nerd; he cares about the environment and how can you not love a man who loves the earth?
7. Forensic Analyst: When this science geek isn’t using his art to examine evidence and investigate cases in the courtroom, maybe he’ll use some of it in the, um, bedroom.
8. Industrial Designer: Also know as: Toy Creator. This career just screams fun, which is pretty much synonymous with sexy. If this guy can make Hot Wheels, imagine what else he can make … for you.
9. Personal Trainer: These guys are typically motivating, goal-oriented, driven, and in shape. What makes these guys even sexier is that they’re in the “helping” profession, so they’re usually not egotistical. I’ll drop and give ‘em twenty.
1. Massage Therapist: Soft+sensual+sensitive=sexy. I left a masseuse last week who made me wish I was a lesbian.
2. Event Planner: Have you ever met an unattractive party planner? Think Jennifer Lopez in the Wedding Planner. Not only will these women turn you on, but they’ll organize your life and who couldn’t use that?
3. Publicist: Same as above. Remember the lead female character in Happy Gilmore? Hot. Oh, and I’ve met these types of women in real life too. You don’t need to be a celebrity to need a little damage control … I think we all know what I’m talking about.
4. Pharmaceutical Sales Representative: I think “sexy” is a job requirement. Plus this career made for people who are gregarious, bright, and motivated. Hot? Yep.
5. Flight Attendant: You’ve heard that some women like a man in uniform, well some men like a woman in uniform too. Hey, it comes in handy. And this career comes with another perk—travel discounts. I don’t care who you are, that’s sexy.
6. Fashion Designer: I don’t know what could make you feel closer to a woman than wearing the clothes she designed for you.
7. Veterinarian: A lot of men have and adore animals. So a woman can look like Annie Wilkies (from Misery), but if she can nurse his pet back to health she’s sexier than hell to him.
8. Pharmacist: Men can be babies when their sick. I’ve witnessed this first-hand and also read studies.
9. Foreign Language Teacher: It is incredibly sexy to have your lover talk to you in a different language. I really don’t care what he says. I mean, what’s it really matter? It’s just plain sexy.
And one for either gender:
Athlete: Rock. Hard. Body. And, stamina to go along with it. Nice.