Baby it’s cold outside...not to mention windy and dry. It’s no secret that this cruel combination zaps moisture from skin, lip and nails, but it’s easy to bring them back to life. No, you don’t have to move to Mexico—just take these hydrating, glow-getting steps.
2. Refresh skin and revive makeup throughout the day with a hydrating mist. I keep one at my desk and one in my bag at all times.
3. Press a face balm or oil on top of your makeup around the eyes and cheekbones whenever skin starts looking dull and foundation looks pasty. Check in with your face around late afternoon or before you head out the door for happy hour.
4. Sometimes all you need to combat dry hands is a good cuticle cream. After all, it’s your fingers and nail bed that tend to be the roughest. The very same salve (I like Smith’s Rosebud Salve) will give nails a buffed, glossy look—a plus when you don’t have time for a manicure.
5. Simple but endlessly effective: Don’t go to bed without putting on lip balm. You’ll prevent and eliminate cracked, chapped, and dry lips. Choose a balm that contains plant oils instead of petroleum-based ingredients that interfere with the body's natural moisturizing mechanism.
6. Lackluster skin is a sure sign that your moisturizer isn’t cutting it. For an added boost, apply a moisture mask once or twice per week. Or whip one up at home with this easy recipe: Combine one part oatmeal to two parts honey, leave on your face for fifteen minutes then rinse and moisturize as usual.
Read more from Elizabeth at Beauty Bets.